This is not to say that we were looking forward to next Tuesday...but we WERE anxious to be on the other side of it. Major surgery is something that one needs to get ready for in very many ways, least of all mentally ready. We were on the path, the plan was being carried out, preparations were made. Friends were lined up ready to make their contribution. My calendar was cleared for two weeks. Then the call came - the massage from none other than the surgeon himself. April needed to call him back asap. The first thing that popped into my head was the grandest of wishful thinking. This week's CT scan was completely clear, it was miraculous, there was nothing there. I could wish couldn't I?
Not wanting to wait a second we returned the call, on the way to a look see at our fourth nursing facility for inpatient rehab. Seems as though the brain surgeon and the ENT surgeon cannot be in the same place at the same time next Tuesday. Whoops! And so it goes, again we are at the mercy of the medical community powers that be and our lives are put on hold for another five days as surgery is rescheduled for June 18th.
I hope I can keep deep breathing until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment