I have spent my entire life as a purveyor of Hope - because what is the act of Hoping if it is not bringing the unseen into the physical world. As a very young child I first began to give Hope life as a dancer. For years my Hope Dancing was spontaneous and untrained until age 7 or so when one of my relatives (I am guessing it was my Aunt Bell) recognized my attempts for what they were and assisted my parents in getting me to my first ballet class. It was there that I thrived and was encouraged to share my Hope with the world around me. Dancing led to acting, which was an addiction that I indulged well into my adulthood. While all this was happening I dabbled in the visual arts making collage with sticks and leaves and jewelry with flowers - which I still do. It was also around age 7, knowing that my abilities with crayons were still limited,
that I asked for assistance in bringing one of my visions to life. I asked my mother if she would draw the picture if I described it to her. I don't recall the conversation really or the ensuing translation of it to paper, but I do know that the description of my vision must have been pretty detailed because I can still call to mind the image that exploded from the surface. I also recall being extremely pleased with myself and my ability to get the images in my head onto the paper, as it was extremely intricate and full of movement and emotion. I called it "The Witch Storm".
My latest Hope Dance, I believe, will continue to be one of my greatest acts of creativity. For I have been bringing the unseen into the light each day. Cooking densely nutritious food and infusing it with love. Listening to Hopes an fears and holding them softly in my hands. Cheer leading and bathing and waking for medications. Juicing and downloading and back rubbing. Dish washing and laundering and meditating. All the while visualizing a clear and healthy woman walking through this hell and coming out the other side ready to live her new life. And for however long that might be, I will be honored to be by her side because she is one of the bravest people I know. And she is working hard every moment of every day to bring our vision to life.
So here's to Hope. The act of making the unseen sean and the seemingly impossible possible. Oh, and by the way, did I mention that we are kicking cancer's ass? The tumor is now about one-third of it's original size and the docs are joining us in our Hope Dance.
So glad you posted. Those of us so far away are keeping you in our hearts. Keep hoping and ki king cancer's ass. And dancing.
ReplyDeleteFantabulous !! Splendiforous !! Open up that can of super-mega "Whoop-Ass" and dance away my dear friends. Blessings be yours.
ReplyDelete